Order Picking Systems
viapick – Fully Automated Order Picking System
- Increased productivity
- Order processing 24/7
- Support of the multi-order principle: different customer orders are picked from one storage container into several shipping cartons
- Approx. 450 picks and defined placing processes per hour
- Increased process reliability
- Lower processing costs
- Lower expenses of investment and installation
- Considerations concerning ergonomics and occupational safety not applicable
- Extensions of the conveyor system for the automated transport of the pick containers and the storage containers
- Pick station for the viapick robot
- Linear axis with a measuring system for the position identification of the items in the storage container
- Software to control the robot
- Analysis software for the measuring system
- Extension of the existing viad@tWMS software by the viapick functionality
Flash is required!
How viapick works:
- A pick container arrives at the pick station.
- The respective storage container is transported to the automatic pick station.
- Fixation of the storage containers.
- An image recognition sensor is directed over this container. The warehouse management system viad@t analyzes the recorded image data.
- When the optimum grab position has been calculated by the viapick software, the robot takes an item from the storage container.
- The picked item is put onto a constructed, defined position in the pick container.
- The storage container is released and then put away.
- When the last item has been put into the container, the pick container is put away as well.
- Optionally, return to mini-load system (also suitable for pre-picking) or routing to shipping point.