Aftermarket Software Engineer
The role of the Aftermarket Software engineer is to generate and execute small projects and upgrades to existing viadat customers systems. They will work with the customer on change request to their current system, as well as reaching out to the customer regarding possible improvements and upgrades. They will need to quote projects accurately and develop timelines with realistic milestones. The solutions to these projects will be developed, tested, implemented and supported by the Aftermarket Software Engineer.
The role will require developing a strong relationship with the Customer, the Software Team and the Customer Service Support Team. They will need to stay aware of ongoing issues with the customer sites as well as staying up to date on the software standards and best practices. This role may require the need to assist with a larger project from the software group, or to assist the Customer Service Support group with customer issues.
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems and MS SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Project management skills
- Develop and unit test software based on detailed functional specifications on their own as well as under direction from senior staff members
- Application and technical configuration
- Integrated system testing
- Preparation of technical and operational documentation
- Maintaining systems and software once they are up and running
- Work effectively in a team environment, interacting with various internal departments and staff
- Good written and verbal communication with warehouse workers, customers, employees, managers, project manager, …
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Travel and Work Requirements
- Ability to travel up to 15% per year
- Some night and weekend work may be required to complete certain duties
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
We here at viastore take pride in our company culture and excellent team members. If you would like to join the viastore family, we look forward to receiving your application to firstname.lastname@example.org