Controls Engineer 1
This is an entry level position into the field of controls engineering. The role of the Controls Engineer is to assist in the design and programming of control systems for conveyor and/or AS/RS material handling systems. The duties include assisting the project lead (Controls Engineer II or higher) in designing the system electrically for the control panel and the field work, and commissioning and testing the system.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in designing controls hardware infrastructures using Ethernet/IP, AS-Interface, DeviceNET, and occasionally Profibus.
- Assist in set-up of field devices, i.e. motion control devices (VFD’s, servo’s, etc.), barcode scanners and image readers.
- Learn how to program a PLC and HMI using the Rockwell Automation programming suite.
- Assist in the design of control panels, creating panel layout drawings for quoting and/or constructing purposes, using AutoCAD-Electrical.
- Assist in order entry functions for all control equipment from viastore business units or from outside vendors.
- Participate in all site activities related to implementing the PLC program(s) including installation support, commissioning, testing, and stand by support.
- Assist in support calls during project implementation until project is handed over to the Hotline Department.
- Ability to communicate with internal groups of different disciplines.
- Overtime may be necessary as work load’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Participate in all company functions and meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree in Technology, High School Diploma, or equivalent technical experience or degree.
- 0-1 years in a technical field.
- Employee is skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft office (Word, Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as functional specifications, technical specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Supply chain application experience.
- The ability to read and speak German or Spanish.
We here at viastore take pride in our company culture and excellent team members. If you would like to join the viastore family, we look forward to receiving your application to firstname.lastname@example.org