Director of Sales
The Director of Sales is responsible for establishing sales targets to meet the company objectives. The Director of Sales is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization at viastore US. Responsible for developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. This position directly manages a staff of sales, application engineers, and marketing.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role. Position responsibilities include:
- Determines the direction for viastore future growth by identifying new industry market potential and building new business.
- Provide strategic input for executing and developing improvements in viastore’s strategy in the North American Market.
- Develop relationships with and maintain a database of leads, consultants, and vendors.
- Accountable for the timely assignment of all sales organization objectives.
- Directs the implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- Evaluate, suggest, and create professional presentations to optimize customer’s current technology needs and enhance their business process.
- Apply sales skills to obtain new leads, build, and maintain a sales funnel. Manage multiple channel selling strategies.
- Interface with global subsidiaries to focus on collaborative solutions-focused sales behaviors that result in improved overall sales.
- Coordinate and attend trade shows approved by management.
- Leads all aspects of the sales process, calling upon others to assist in solution development and proposal delivery, as needed. Develop budget estimates and firm proposals for prospective clients, including pricing of the system. Sells the companies complete offering of products and services.
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales force and application engineers.
- Prioritize investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity. Work closely with the Manager of Business Development to understand sales and technology strategy. Recommends changes and enhancements to the company-customer relationship management technology platform.
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization, leadership team, and parent company. Develops new reporting tools as necessary.
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Working closely with Human Resources establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Responsible for leading and managing the team to include goals and objectives, managing performance, mentoring and developing team members, and managing conflict and issues.
- Working with Human Resources and Finance, responsible for the design of sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforces sales organization strategy, and align with company objectives.
- Excellent client communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to work in a project team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex customer requests.
- Have the ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Have the ability to speak effectively with groups of customers or employees of the organization.
This position directly manages a staff of sales, application engineers, and marketing.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. During travel to customer locations, the employee may be exposed to various environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to travel up to 30% per year or as necessary to support business needs.
Required Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 5-10 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment. Required previous experience in the automated material handling industry with ASRS (Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems)
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Has the ability to make compelling and persuasive speeches and professional presentations on controversial and complex topics to the Board and outside investors.
We here at viastore take pride in our company culture and excellent team members. If you would like to join the viastore family, we look forward to receiving your application to firstname.lastname@example.org