Spare Parts Sales
Primary responsibility will be to perform exceptional duties for the customer service, parts and service department. Duties include but are not limited to the following.
Essential Job Functions
- Processing customer purchase orders for service parts through the use of SAP. This includes soliciting current costs for components and then quoting current pricing and lead times to sales and/or issue purchase orders to suppliers.
- Provide order confirmations to customer.
- Track order confirmations from vendors/suppliers and enter in SAP.
- Properly coordinate and file orders with accounting and maintain up-to-date files of all open and closed orders.
- Process warranty/repair claims.
- Prepare service parts for shipment to the customer, including the creation of the packing slips, labeling all components with viastore part numbers and descriptions and set-up parcel and LTL trucking for deliveries. Provide accounting with details on service parts or complete jobs to invoice. Track all incoming and outgoing parts.
- Update and maintain all service parts in SAP. This includes current pricing, multiple vendors and creating “US” parts from “Germany” parts.
- Creation of project spare parts lists based on vendor recommendations (i.e. vsD, vsUS, Hytrol, etc.), including creating and updating parts in SAP.
- Financial tracking reporting for the customer service department.
Required Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A basic understanding of AS/RS and their mechanical and electrical operation, along with an understanding of warehousing and automated material-handling equipment in general.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is a must.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Would prefer a Bachelor’s degree in from a four-year college or university.
- Purchasing/Buyer experience a plus.
- Prior experience using SAP is preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documentation, wiring diagrams and specifications.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical requirements in specification or diagram forms.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.