The role of the Project Engineer is to support the Project Manager in the planning, execution, and finalization of projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. The project engineer will also support the Proposal Development Manager (Sales) in the planning, system layouts, and engineering calculations to meet the RFQ requirements.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with Sales Department in creating conveyor system layouts and equipment applications.
- Work with conveyor supplier(s) to obtain equipment quotes.
- Creation of system layout and elevation view drawings to be used for client approval and installation prints. These drawings are to adhere to viastore’s drawing standards.
- Order entry functions for all mechanical equipment from viastore business units or from outside vendors.
- Assist Project Manager with overall project schedule and strictly adhere to all milestone dates.
- Participate in all site activities including installation support, commissioning, testing, and stand by support.
- Know all mechanical budget items and ensure procured materials are within the as sold budget.
- Assist the Controls Engineer, Software Engineer and the Project Manager with system’s description of operation, commissioning, and acceptance testing documents.
- Assist the Project Manager in tracking project milestones and deliverables.
- Assist Proposal Development Manager with providing conveyor layouts utilizing conventional means and manufacturers’ conveyor equipment tools.
- Provide engineering calculations to ensure that the conveyor system will operate and perform as required.
- Overtime may be necessary, as dictated by the work load. This may include weekdays, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise junior engineers.
- Act as the Project Manager on small to medium sized projects or on change orders on large projects.
- Participate in all company functions and meetings, including project post mortem meetings.
- Follow all ISO procedures and documentation respective to the processes set forth by viastore.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education, training and directly related industry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to effectively present information (verbally and written) to the Project Manager, senior management and customers.
- Solid understanding of material handling systems including AS/RS, conveyor, controls, and software and their application to warehousing, distribution, and manufacturing.
- High level of AutoCAD proficiency.
We here at viastore take pride in our company culture and excellent team members. If you would like to join the viastore family, we look forward to receiving your application to email@example.com