Primary responsibility for the installation, commissioning and maintenance of all viastore systems Automated Storage/Retrieval Systems (AS/RS) and conveyor products including but not limited to mini-load, unit-load and man-ride Storage/Retrieval (S/R) machines, box and pallet conveyor and associated mechanical and electrical systems as directed.
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of viastore systems products, including the mechanical and electrical installation of new products as well as enhancements and/or retrofits to existing equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance of viastore systems pallet and carton conveyor installation
- Provide viastore systems clients with Emergency Service during and after the system warranty period has expired.
- Perform on-site planned maintenance inspections of AS/RS and conveyor equipment to ensure that the machines are being maintained to the factory standards outlined in the service documentation that was provided with the equipment.
- Provide spare parts recommendations to AS/RS and conveyor systems clients. May assist sales with the preparation and pricing of recommended spare parts lists for each customer and assist with the cross-referencing of standard parts with multiple suppliers whenever possible.
- Train, teach and provide technical guidance to client personnel and others in training and assistants who are assigned as colleagues.
- Responsible to work with all departments within the business unit to assist with providing installation hours estimates for system proposals in response to requests for quote.
- Work with the sales department to interpret and analyze customer specifications to properly apply the AS/RS product line. Work directly with sales and clients to develop unique cost-effective solutions to material handling problems and adapt AS/RS products.
- Maintain engineering, installation and maintenance competence with respect to viastore systems products, systems and equipment.
- Assist business unit manager with the preparation of cost estimates for hardware and software components of potential AS/RS projects for clients.
- Maintain client-specific documentation with regard to each specific project. This includes all documentation provided by viastore systems GmbH, including wiring diagrams, user and maintenance manuals.
- Perform other job related duties as directed.
Travel to client sites for installations, emergency service and planned maintenance inspections.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential. The ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documentation, wiring diagrams and specifications. Must be able to effectively present information to senior management and clients. The ability to communicate in German both verbally and in writing is a plus due to the close working relationship with our German parent company technicians, manuals and documentation.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical requirements in specification or diagram forms.
Three to seven years of related experience.
Essential is a basic understanding of AS/RS and their mechanical and electrical operation, along with an understanding of warehousing and automated material-handling equipment in general. Ability to manage multiple projects and people.
We here at viastore take pride in our company culture and excellent team members. If you would like to join the viastore family, we look forward to receiving your application to email@example.com